Abstract Submission Information
The Call for Abstracts is OPEN!
Morehouse School of Medicine is now accepting abstracts for the 2018 Dr. Daniel S. Blumenthal Public Health Conference.
Authors are urged to submit abstracts on the theme of the conference, “Cancer and the Public’s Health: Strategies for Advancing Health Equity”.
Submission Deadline: Abstracts are due on March 14 by 11:59 PM
Abstract Notification: Presenters will be informed via email about the status of their abstracts on March 21.
- Abstracts should present information related to the theme of the conference. Abstracts will be selected on the basis of their significance, timeliness, quality of data and methodology. Adherence to specific format requirements, and other criteria.
- The abstract program committee will review and score submissions. Once this process is completed an email will be sent to the presenting author. An accurate email address for the presenting author is required for this purpose.
- The abstract should include title, introduction, methods, results, and conclusion sections with a 250-word limit.
Poster Session Guidelines
- All presenters must be Atlanta University and College students or Morehouse School of Medicine faculty and first author.
- The abstract should include introduction, methods, results, and conclusion sections with a 250-word limit.
- The poster board will be 4 feet tall by 8 feet wide, mounted on stands. Thumbtacks will be available on-site for mounting the displays.
- No audiovisual equipment is permitted for poster presentations.
- Poster sessions consist of 40 poster boards numbered 1 through 40.
- The author must remain by his/her poster board for the duration of the 45-minute session.
- Posters may be set up 2 hours before the start of the session.
- Presentations should be taken down after the session ends. Display materials not removed following the conclusion of the conference will be discarded.
- If handouts are to be distributed, bring approximately 25 copies.
- Bring business cards with you in case the viewer is interested in more information.
- Abstracts submitted and accepted for this conference may have been presented at any other meeting/conference up to a year prior to April 4th.
- An author may not present more than one abstract during this conference.
- All presenters must be registered by March 28, 2018.