M.S. in Biomedical Research Application Requirements
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Applicants must have a record of superior academic achievement in undergraduate studies majoring in the natural sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, physics).
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is required of all MSBR applicants. Scores cannot be older than 5 years. Second year M.D. students wishing to enter the MSBR program after their second year of MD training to pursue both M.D. and M.S. degrees may substitute their MCAT scores for this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from science course professors or research supervisors.
- Completed online application.
Selection Criteria and Process
Selection of applicants for the MSBR program is competitive. The Admissions Committee evaluations are based on undergraduate and any graduate performance, particularly in science courses. In addition, performance on the Graduate Record Examination and letters of reference weigh heavily in judging an applicant's preparedness for graduate study. Prior research experience is recommended, but is not required. Interest in the program's mission is also considered. Selected applicants are invited for interviews, which are required for admission.
Application Deadline: Completed MSBR applications for the Fall admissions cycle, including a $50 non-refundable application processing fee, are due by April 15.
For additional information, please contact:
Dr. DeQuan Smith