Morehouse School of Medicine has established a strong track record of achievement in both research and training of minority biomedical scientists. The RISE Program has been an integral component in providing the resources and support for maintaining this record in research training. The RISE Program has strengthened the predoctoral graduate program at Morehouse School of Medicine by providing a stable increase in graduate student support. The student development activities represent a multi-pronged approach to enhancing the students’ core knowledge, skill sets, and research capabilities. The program focuses on the students drive and motivation toward a career in biomedical research, and increases students technical writing and communications abilities.
To accomplish these outcomes, the RISE Program provides:
- research training support
- career enhancement/survival skills colloquia
- hands-on focused workshops that offer the opportunity to gain experience with state-of-the-art technology
- The RISE Seminar Series, which includes State-of-the-Sciences seminars and exposure to top scientists who give a review of the latest research in tightly-focused areas
- a gateway for exposure to the rapidly developing field of bioinformatics