The Division of Behavioral Medicine was developed in July of 1995 as Biopsychosocial Medicine. The name was changed in 2005 to reflect the evolution of biopsychosocial medicine to a model more consistent with behavioral medicine approach... The division, which consists of a Nutritionist and Psychologist, was structured to emphasize teaching of collaborative care and the integration of behavioral and psychosocial dimensions in providing healthcare.
Our Biopsychosocial Team Helps You With...
- Learning how to stay healthy
- Learning how to practice good health habits and give up the harmful ones
- Learning how to respond to your body's warning signs before something serious happens
- Learning how you and your family members can achieve your personal best
We Assist in Developing a Healthy Lifestyle Through...
- Individualized or group counseling sessions
- Health risk assessments and health risk reduction
- Nutrition assessment and nutritional risk reduction
- Chronic disease counseling
- Relationship and family counseling
- Community enrichment support
Members of Our Team Specialize In...
- Family wellness
- Community Health Promotion Classes
- Home-Based Care visitation to the Elderly, and patients of the Maternal and Child Health program
- Teen Pregnancy Prevention/Health Promotion