|Contact Information |
|Phone: (404) 616-6634 |
Fax: (404) 616-4131
Specialty: Reproductive health consultant for women with HIV at the Fulton County Ryan White program.
Clinical Expertise: Reproductive health consultant for women with HIV at the Fulton County Ryan White program. She has been a member of the speakers' bureau at the Emory Regional Training Center and gave over 300 lectures, across the Southeastern United States, on various reproductive health issues including STDS and HIV. As a consultant to Cicatelli Associates Inc, she provides training in many reproductive health issues to clinicians in the Southeastern United States. She has been an STD consultant to the State of Georgia since 2007. In that capacity she provides state wide STD training to clinicians across Georgia.
Research Interest: Developed the “Emory Method” for rapid removal of Norplant implants
Medical School: Andhra Medical College/ Andhra University
Residency: Cook County Hospital
Fellowship: Emory University School of Medicine
Board Certification: American Academy of Pediatrics
- Curry SL, Pfenninger JL, Sarma SP., Colposcopy: When? Why? How ? Patient Care March 15, 1994
- Sarma SP, Hatcher RA., The Emory Method : a modified approach to Norplant implants removal. Contraception 1994:49:551-6
- Sarma SP, Hatcher RA., Neuro-vascular injury during Norplant removal.Am J Obstet Gynecol:172:1:1995:120-1
- Sarma SP, Wamsher JG, Whitlock SW., Removal of deeply inserted nonpalpable levonorgestrel implants. Contraception:53:1996:159-61
- Sarma SP, Silverstein M, Lewis C., Removal of a Norplant implant located near a major nerve using interventional radiology-digital subtraction fluoroscopy. Contraception:58:1998:
- Sarma SP, Garafalo K, Graves WL., Use of the intrauterine device by inner-city women. Arch Fam Med:Vol 7:March/April 1998:130-3
- Sarma SP, Lofton LE., Pelvic inflammatory disease after cryotherapy. J Lower Gen Tract Dis 1998;2(4) 249-51
- Hatcher RA, Sarma SP., Contraceptive Implants. J Pel Surg:13(1);1997
- Co-authored the chapter on “Norplant-the contraceptive implants”in TeLinde’s series in Operative Gynecology:1995
- Best Teacher Award at Morehouse School of Medicine, 1997 and 1999
- Participation in professional activities: Served as a special reviewer for the journal “Obstetrics & Gynecology” in Jan 1995.
- Member of the American Society for Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology since 1992
- Member of the Association for Reproductive Health Professionals