MSM Residency Programs operate under the standard academic calendar year.
Program year starts in July and culminates in June of following year.
Applicants are invited to observe grand rounds, journal club sessions and any other open seminars/workshops.
We participate in the National Resident Match Program. Interested applicants should submit an application online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS). The following information will be required:
- Dean's Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Written Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of these should be from members of the Department of Pediatrics of your school, affiliate hospital or elective course, and current within the last 18 months)
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE) Minimum Passing Score for Step I and II, CK and CS
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification (if applicable)
For those applying on Visa Status, we only accept J-I Visa.
The Pediatrics Residency Training Selection Committee reviews applications for six (6) categorical PGY 1 positions and selects the most qualified candidates to enter into the National Residency Match Program (NRMP).
Deadline to submit application through ERAS is November 30th of the current year.
Upon receipt of the above information, the Program Director or designee(s) will select applicants for interview.
Candidates are ranked in the NRMP.
All correspondence regarding applications should be addressed to:
Morehouse School of Medicine
Department of Pediatrics
720 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30310-1945