Mission | Leadership
The Morehouse School of Medicine Community Pediatric Residency Training Program is committed to training excellent clinical pediatricians with an expertise in community-based health delivery and advocacy, aimed at promoting life-long health habits that decrease health disparities in geographically, racially and economically disadvantaged populations.
- To provide residents with skill in the practice of pediatrics that is community-oriented and community-based.
- To assist residents in developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to promote optimal health for our families and to manage the full range of pediatric illnesses.
- To develop pediatricians who are sensitive to the unique challenges of families in the underserved communities.
- To assist residents in developing skills using new technologies critical to the emerging practice of pediatric medicine, including evidence-based medicine, PDAs in health care, Internet-based case logs, and electronic medical records.
- To develop a cadre of pediatricians with an expressed commitment in serving the primary health care needs of the medically underserved To develop pediatricians who practice with the highest regard for ethics, cultural competence, and professionalism.