MSM's Residency Programs operate under the standard academic calendar year. Program year starts in July and culminates in June of following year.
Applicants are invited to observe grand rounds, journal club sessions and any other open seminars/workshops.
We participate in the National Resident Match Program (NRMP). Interested applicants should submit an application online through Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
To apply to this program, applicants should meet all of the following requirements:
- Individuals applying to the MSM PMR Program must hold a medical degree from an accredited medical school. If you hold a degree from an international medical school, a valid Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) is required. Each applicant must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien.
- Pass Steps I, II, and III of the United States Medical Licensing Exam (U.S.M.L.E.)
- Meet eligibility for an un-restricted Georgia medical license. (For more info, call the Georgia Board of Medical Examiners at (404.656.3913).
In addition, the following information will be required:
- Dean’s Letter
- Documentation stating applicant has completed at least one year of supervised clinical training in an ACGME-accredited residency program.
- Medical School Transcript
- Written Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (at least one of these must be written by the previous program director)
- Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) Certification (if applicable)
Deadline to submit application through ERAS is November 30th of the current year.
Upon receipt of the above information, the Program Director or designee(s) will select applicants for interview.
All correspondence regarding applications should be addressed to:Residency Manager
Morehouse School of Medicine
Department of Public Health/Preventive Medicine
720 Westview Drive, SW
Atlanta, Georgia 30310-1945