Please Note: MAVPP meetings are held the third Tuesday of every month from 11:00 AM - 12:45 PM at various locations throughout Atlanta.
Benefits of Membership
Some of the benefits of being an active part of the MAVPP include:
- Access to opportunities to collaborate on already-funded projects among members.
- Free training in evidence-based practices for social services and other prevention staff through funded member resources.
- Affiliation with nationally and internationally recognized institutions in the area of violence prevention.
- Free access to a Hip-Hop-based capacity-building curriculum and training in the use of this resource for high school youth (This is primarily for organizations participating in the evaluation of the curriculum).
- Participation in youth programs/outreach support via partnering agencies.
- Grant support for positions at your agency via collaboration with MAVPP members.
- Letters of support from the MAVPP for proposals that you may be submitting.
- Justification for violence prevention initiatives that you may be submitting for funding by becoming part of the regional Peace Plan service delivery system.
- Coordination of violence prevention services.
- Linkage with free or evaluation resources with reasonable costs through relationships with university members.
- Raising the profile of your organization as being a national and international leader in a partnership designed to prevent ALL types of violence prevention (Atlanta is a national leader in this area, and too often we fail to give ourselves credit for it).
This is a very short list of the potential benefits that can result from participation in the MAVPP. The dues are as follows:
- Individual Membership: $25
- Organizational Membership: $100
- Individual Charter Membership: $300
- Charter Organizational Membership: $500
- Corporate Membership: $5,000
If you would like to become a member or have questions about MAVPP, feel free to contact MAVPP at firstname.lastname@example.org.