| || |
Kateena entered MSM’s Biomedical Sciences Program in 2006.
My Research interest currently includes studying the role of HIV’s accessory protein Nef in HIV pathogenesis as well as identifying diagnostic markers for early processes involved in immune dysregulations and AIDS. I ultimately would like to become part of a medical team dedicated to treating and preventing the spread of HIV/AIDS to future generations through novel drug discoveries and/or vaccine development.
Academic and Professional Honors:
- DAIDS/NIAIDS Travel Award to Keystone Symposium, HIV Biology and Pathogenesis Conference, Morehouse School of Medicine, 2010
- Academic Award in Medical Microbiology & Immunology, Morehouse School of Medicine, 2008
- George & Pearl Strickland Scholarship, Morehouse School of Medicine,2006 & 2007
- National Dean’s List, Agnes Scott College, 2003 - 2004
- Savvy Seeker Award, Agnes Scott College, 2003
- Dana Scholarship recipient, Agnes Scott College, 2002 & 2003
- Hubert Scholarship recipient, Agnes Scott College, 2002
- Public Speaking Award, Agnes Scott College, 2001
- Academic scholarship recipient, LINKS, 2000
- Academic scholarship recipient, Agnes Scott College, 1998 – 2004