Students | Employees
Accommodations for Students
The Office of Disability Services coordinates and provides accommodations and support services to persons with all types of disabilities. Students seeking accommodations must contact the Office of Disability Services. To be considered for academic accommodations, the student must provide appropriate documentation of the disability as requested by MSM’s Office of Disability Services.
Academic accommodations and other services are addressed and provided on an individual basis determined by documented need. Some of the services available to qualified students are:
- Letter listing approved accommodations for students to provide to faculty
- Extended time, readers, or scribes for in class coursework and examinations
- Alternative testing environment
- Enlarged-print exams
- Note takers
- Interpreters for the deaf
- Assistive technology
- Supportive counseling
- Accessibility information
- Registration assistance
- Referral to other campus and community resources
- Consultation with faculty and staff regarding on-campus situations which constitute an accommodation challenge
Once a disability has been documented, the documents will be reviewed to determine the need for appropriate services and accommodations that are necessary and effective, and which do not compromise the academic standards of the School. MSM will not provide a reasonable accommodation if the accommodation would result in an undue hardship to the School. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Professors are notified of necessary academic accommodations by letters from the Office of Disability Services. Students are responsible for notifying the Office of Disability Services if difficulties arise during the course of the semester.