Prospective Students | Currently Enrolled | Accommodation Packet | Documentation Guidelines | MSM Responsibilities | Student Responsibilities | Faculty Responsibilities | Policies | Grievance Procedure | Student Forms
Faculty Rights and Responsibilities
Faculty members have the following rights:
1. To verify eligibility for academic adjustments through the Office of Disability Services (ODS).
2. To consult with the ODS about students as appropriate.
3. To make only reasonable academic adjustments for students as approved by ODS.
Faculty responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Provide an atmosphere in which all students can learn course material.
2. Notify students that academic adjustments are available and are coordinated through the ODS. A statement on syllabi and an announcement on the first day of class would be good practice.
3. To meet with students confidentially to review and discuss their disability-related needs and academic adjustments as approved by the ODS.
4. To provide academic adjustments certified by the ODS and in compliance with applicable law.
5. To contact the Disability Services Manager with questions about facilitating resolution of any concerns.