Prospective Students | Currently Enrolled | Accommodation Packet | Documentation Guidelines | MSM Responsibilities | Student Responsibilities | Faculty Responsibilities | Policies | Grievance Procedure | Student Forms
Student Rights & Responsibilities
The Student has a right to:
• An equal opportunity to learn, participate and benefit from all academic programs available.
• “Reasonable” academic adjustments to assist in their learning process and to receive information regarding the availability of the academic adjustments.
• Confidentiality of all information about their disability, except as disclosures are required or permitted by law to facilitate resolution of a student’s request for academic adjustment or other accommodations.
• Appeal process to review decisions related to academic adjustments and access.
The Student is responsible for:
• Meeting the School’s academic qualifications and requirements and maintaining the essential School standards for courses, programs, services, and activities.
• Self-identifying the nature of the condition and providing appropriate medical documentation to support the condition.
• Indicating the need for an academic adjustments and advocating for his/her own individual needs.
• Following the MSM procedures for requesting an academic adjustment.
• Submitting all required forms and documentation to the ODS by all deadlines stated.
• Requesting those academic adjustments in a timely manner each semester by meeting with the Disability Services Manager.
• Notifying the ODS if there are difficulties in securing the needed academic adjustments or with the quality of the academic adjustments.