The 18th Annual HeLa Women's Health Conference will take place Friday, September 13, 2013 and is designed to heighten participants’ awareness of genome testing and genomic profiles.
Practicing Obstetricians and Gynecologists; students in training; perinatal healthcare delivery personnel; reproductive and environmental health specialists; social scientists; health policy officials; and community reproductive health activists.
At the conclusion of the conference, participants should be able to:
- Identify new developments in the application of personalized medicine in genetic analysis, stem cell therapy in cancer and metabolic diseases.
- Use information on the role of DNA and Genome profiles; in targeted personalized therapy.
- Define the area of personalized and targeted chemotherapy in cancer.
- Apply new information derived from results of chemotherapy testing and stem cell transplants and their successful outcomes in treating cancer, genetic defects, and neurogenerative diseases.
- Develop knowledge of genetic counseling in high-risk disease states.
Morehouse School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to sponsor continuing medical education for physicians.
Morehouse School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum 6 hours AMA PRA Category 1 credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent to their participation in the activity.
This conference is supported by an educational grant from Merck.