3rd and 4th YEAR M.D. STUDENTS ONLY
DEADLINE DATE: MARCH 27, 2013
2013 – 2014 Financial Aid Instructions
ALL STUDENTS MUST COMPLETE (IN ITS ENTIRETY) THE PARENT AND STUDENT SECTIONS OF THE FAFSA FORM IN ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR INSTITUTIONAL NEED BASED GRANT AWARDS.
Please Note: Missing Data on the FAFSA Form will result in your file being denied for Institutional Need Based Grant Awards. No missing or blank financial data. No missing or blank financial data.
2013 – 2014 Required Documents
1. First time MSM financial aid recipients must complete the online Financial Aid Application (FAA). You do not have to submit the online FAA if you completed one during the 2012-2013 school year.
2. First time MSM financial aid recipients must complete the Title IV Authorization Form. You do not have to submit this document if you completed one during the 2012-2013 school year.
3. 2013-2014 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Form (apply at www.fafsa.ed.gov). Do not leave any items blank – include an answer to every question. (Note: You must have your completed/filed) 2012 federal tax return and your parents (filed) 2012 federal tax return in order to complete this form accurately).
4. Signed copy of student/spouse 2012 IRS Tax Return (as signed and submitted to IRS). Please provide first two pages only. The first page that list the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and the second page with your signature.
5. Signed copy of parents’ and/or step-parents’ 2012 IRS Tax Return (as signed and submitted to IRS). Please provide first two pages only. The first page that list the Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) and the second page with your parent’s signature.
6. W-2 forms and 1099s to verify 2012 earned income for students, spouse, and parents.W-2 forms should total the income (wages, salaries, tips, etc.) on line 7 of the 2012 (1040 Tax Form); line 7 of the 2012 (1040A) tax form, or line 1 of the 2012 (1040 EZ) tax form.
7. 2012 signed Non-Filer’s Certification form for student/spouse who will not file a 2012 IRS Tax Return.
8. 2012 signed Non-Filer’s Certification form for parents/step-parents who will not file a 2012 IRS Tax Return.
• Required documents not submitted on time (including parent income information missing on the FAFSA form) will result in your application being denied for MSM need based grant.
• Encourage your parents to file his/her tax return(s) early (if you wish to be considered for need based grants).
• The Federal Tax Return is required for all tax filers (i.e., student/spouse, parents/step-parents).
• Please do not submit a state tax return.
• Due to limited MSM grant funds (available for awarding) students whose parents’ annual income exceeds $110,000 are not required to provide parent income information.
• Grant eligibility will be largely reduced and/or denied for incomplete and /or missing required documents (including parent income information on the FAFSA form).
DEADLINE DATES WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED