Student Government Association
The Student Government Association (SGA) is the general student representative body. The constitution for SGA has been established so students may govern themselves more effectively and take a more active part in affairs of the school. The opinions of medical students on curricular and professional matters are actively sought by the faculty. Students are represented at through class officers, student organization representatives, and student members of committees. Selection of these representatives takes place through class elections run entirely by the class involved.
Chapters of the following student organizations are active at MSM:
- Student National Medical Association
- American Medical Student Association
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Medical Association (AMA-Medical Student Section)
Prizes and Awards
Each year just prior to Commencement, Class Day is held in order to recognize the accomplishments of graduating seniors, second year students, faculty, and staff. During this time the following prizes and awards may be given:
- President's Leadership Award is presented to a graduating senior who has demonstrated outstanding accomplishments in leadership and performance.
- Department Awards are given to students on the basis of outstanding academic performance in specific disciplines.
- American Medical Women's Association Award is presented to the outstanding woman student in the graduating class.
- Primary Care Award is presented to the graduating student who most clearly exemplifies the mission of the School.
- Teacher of the Year Awards are presented to faculty based on elections held by second year students (first and second year faculty) and fourth year students (third and fourth year faculty).