| || |
Paine College, Augusta, GA
BA, Pre-Med, 1981
Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN
MD, Medicine, 1987
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Resident, Family Medicine, 1990
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
MBA, Business Administration, 2003
I am currently serving as the Deputy Director of the National Center for Primary Care (NCPC) at the Morehouse School of Medicine. I have spent many years practicing Family Medicine in underserved communities with a focus on providing mental health services. During my term as Chief Medical Officer, at Southside Healthcare (FQHC), which housed a Ryan White funded clinic(Check this statement, incomplete sentence). My involvement in community based research projects at the NCPC has allowed me the opportunity to further my ability as a scientific investigator. Under the mentorship of Dr. Rust and Dr. Levine, who are experienced investigators with accomplished scientific research portfolios, I am confident that this will be a productive research project that bares results which are beneficial to the underserved population at large. I have a history of directing projects which are aimed at eliminating disparities. Recently, I served as project director of the Regional Coordinating Center for Hurricane response; an HHS funded opportunity in which we created a Telemedicine program for behavioral health patients in Gulf Coast states (AL, MS, LA, TX) and trained Community Health Workers for intervention projects in the communities of hurricane damaged Louisiana, primarily New Orleans and Baton Rouge. I currently serve as Director of the Georgia Health Information Technology Extension Center (GA-HITREC), which provides outreach and support to physicians to adopt Electronic Health Records to improve patient outcomes.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Mack D, Brantley K, Bell K. Mitigating the Health Effects of Disasters for Medically Underserved Populations: Electronic Health Records, Telemedicine, Research, Screening, and Surveillance. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. May 2007; 18 (2):432-442.
- Mack D, Letter to the editor, Stethoscope study overlooks bacteria on clinicians’ hands, Journal of Family Practice. October 2009, Vol58, No. 10, pg 513.
- Mack D, Gooden R, Rust G. Retail Health Clinics and the Practice of Primary Care: Compete, Cooperate, or Be Co-opted?; Journal National Medical Association, Nov. 2011
- Taylor V, Mack, D. Overweight and Emotional and Behavior Difficulties, Journal National Medical Association. (TBA)
- Rust G, Levine R, Fry-Johnson Y, Baltrus P, Ye J, Mack D. Paths to Success: Optimal & Equitable Health Outcomes for All. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved. (TBA)
- Ye J, Mack D, Fry-Johnson Y, Parker K. Health Care Access and Utilization Among US-Born and Foreign-Born Asian Americans. J Immigr Minor Health. 2011 Oct 30. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22038126
- Taylor VS, Ye J, Mack D, Fry-Johnson Y, Smith Q, Harris CL. Overweight in school-aged children associated with emotional and behavioral difficulties: results from a national sample. J Natl Med Assoc. 2011 Sep-Oct;103(9-10):917-21. PMID: 22364060 [PubMed - in process]