| || |
Paine College, Augusta, GA
BA, Pre-Med, 1981
Meharry Medical College, Nashville, TN
MD, Medicine, 1987
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Resident, Family Medicine, 1990
Kennesaw State University, Kennesaw, GA
MBA, Business Administration, 2003
Dominic Mack, a native of Augusta, Georgia, earned his bachelor of science degree from Paine College in Augusta, GA and his medical doctorate from Meharry Medical College in Nashville, TN. He completed his residency in family medicine at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) in Atlanta GA.
Dr. Mack practiced at Southside Community Health Center in Atlanta for eleven years where he served as chief medical officer during his tenure, then returned to MSM in 2001 as an assistant professor in the department of family medicine. While at MSM, he served as the medical director for the family medicine department and later became the associate chair of clinical affairs.
In 2003, he graduated from Kennesaw State University with a master of business administration degree. In 2006, Dr. Mack served as the associate director for the National Center for Primary Care and project director for the Regional Coordinating Center for Hurricane Response at MSM. He later took the position of chief medical officer for AmeriCorp Holdings/The AeroClinic which has opened airport clinics in Hartsfield Jackson Atlanta Airport and the Philadelphia International Airport.
He is also the founder and past president of Mack Medical Consultants, a company dedicated to the improvement of business practices in medical organizations. Dr. Mack currently serves as co-director of the National Center for Primary Care at MSM, and as the executive medical director and principal investigator of the Georgia Health Information Technology Regional Extension Center (GA-HITREC).
Selected Peer-Reviewed Publications
- Mack D, Brantley K, Bell K. Mitigating the Health Effects of Disasters for Medically Underserved Populations: Electronic Health Records, Telemedicine, Research, Screening, and Surveillance. Journal of Health Care for the Poor and Underserved. May 2007; 18 (2):432-442.
- Mack D, Letter to the editor, Stethoscope study overlooks bacteria on clinicians’ hands, Journal of Family Practice. October 2009, Vol58, No. 10, pg 513.
- Mack D, Gooden R, Rust G. Retail Health Clinics and the Practice of Primary Care: Compete, Cooperate, or Be Co-opted?; Journal National Medical Association, Nov. 2011
- Taylor V, Mack, D. Overweight and Emotional and Behavior Difficulties, Journal National Medical Association. (TBA)
- Rust G, Levine R, Fry-Johnson Y, Baltrus P, Ye J, Mack D. Paths to Success: Optimal & Equitable Health Outcomes for All. Journal of Healthcare for the Poor and Underserved. (TBA)
- Ye J, Mack D, Fry-Johnson Y, Parker K. Health Care Access and Utilization Among US-Born and Foreign-Born Asian Americans. J Immigr Minor Health. 2011 Oct 30. [Epub ahead of print] PMID: 22038126
- Taylor VS, Ye J, Mack D, Fry-Johnson Y, Smith Q, Harris CL. Overweight in school-aged children associated with emotional and behavioral difficulties: results from a national sample. J Natl Med Assoc. 2011 Sep-Oct;103(9-10):917-21. PMID: 22364060 [PubMed - in process]