Qing Song, MD, Ph.D.
| || |
| ||Qing Song, MD, Ph.D. |
| ||Assistant Professor, Cardiovascular Research Institute & Department of Medicine |
MD, Peking Union Medical College, Beijing, China, Medicine
Ph.D., Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, SC, Molecular Genetics
|Contact Information |
|Phone: (404) 752-1845 |
Fax: (404) 752-1042
Our long-term goal is to discover and understand the genetic and epigenetic variations that contribute to predisposition and progression of human diseases and to ethnic disparities. Our research team is composed of physician-scientists, molecular biologists, and software engineers, we are using molecular and cellular biology, genomics and epigenomics, epidemiology, bioinformatic and computational biology approaches. Our current goal is post-GWAS functional analysis to identify causal variants and underlying molecular mechanisms.
Our current projects include work in the following main areas:
- Molecular biology studies of SNPs and CNVs on p47phox, Notch3, PDE4D and CRP
- DNA methylation in atherosclerosis and diabetes
- Technology development for molecular haplotyping
- Technology development for high-throughput identification of novel splicings, exons, and genes on GWAS-positive regions
- Technology development for high-throughput genome-wide identification of regulatory SNPs in cis-interactions
- Software development and computational biology
- Integration of genetic and epigenetic datasets
- Epigenetic inheritance
Click here to view selected publications.