Essentials of Accredited Residencies in Graduate Medical Education
Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) shall provide all its students with an environment that is conducive to scholarly inquiry that supports the learning of medicine in its many forms. Graduate Medical Education (GME) is an integral part of the MSM medical education program. The major purpose of residency education at MSM are:
- for Residents to obtain the clinical knowledge and skills required for the effective treatment and management of patients,
- to prepare them for licensure and specialty certification, as outlined in the "Essentials of Accredited Residencies in Graduate Medical Education" (American Medical Association-current edition),
- to obtain skills to become fully active participants within the United States health-care system,
- to provide for teaching and mentoring of MSM medical students, and
- to directly support the school's mission of providing service and support to the underserved community.
Graduate Medical Education (GME) Policy Manual
The GME Policy Manual is an outline of the basic GME policies, practices and procedures at Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM). The policy manual is intended only as an advisory guide. Changes to this manual will be updated periodically, however, we encourage you to contact the GME office at 404-752-1857 to ensure that you have the latest version.
GME Policy Manual
MSM Institutional Policies
Accommodation of Disabilities
Affirmative Action, Equal Employment Opportunity
Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
Interaction with Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Medical Device, and Hospital and Research Equipment Supply Industry