Satcher Health Leadership Institute, Morehouse School of Medicine
University of South Florida
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health
University of South Florida
Degree: Graduate Certificate in Interdisciplinary Women’s Health
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health
Degree: Master of Public Health in Behavioral Science and Health Education
Stony Brook University
Degree: BA, Anthropology
- Community-based participatory research (CBPR)
- Women’s health inequities
- Technology-assisted interventions
- Health policy
- Social determinants of health
- Hernandez, N. D., Chandler, R., Nava, N., Tamler, I., Daley, E. M., Baldwin, J., Buhi, E., O’Rourke, K., Romer-Daza, N. & Grilo, S. (2019). Young adult US born Latina women's thoughts, feelings and beliefs about unintended pregnancy. Culture, Health and Sexuality. In press
- Hernandez, N. D., Dorsey, J., Glass, D. M., Pope, E., Worthy, N., Blasingame, E., ... & Dotson, Y. (2019). Community-Engaged Approaches to Address the Ethical Concerns of Maternal Mental Health Disparities Research. Journal of health care for the poor and underserved, 30(5), 12-20.
- Chandler, R., Hernandez, N., Guillaume, D., Grandoit, S., Branch-Ellis, D., & Lightfoot, M. (2020). A Community-Engaged Approach to Creating a Mobile HIV Prevention App for Black Women: Focus Group Study to Determine Preferences via Prototype Demos. JMIR mHealth and uHealth, 8(7), e18437.
- Chandler, R., Guillaume, D., Tesema, N., Paul, S., Ross, H., & Hernandez, N. D. (2020). Social and Environmental Influences on Sexual Behaviors of College Black Women: Within Group Diversity Between HBCU vs. PWI Experiences. Journal of Racial and Ethnic Health Disparities, 1-11.
- Chandler, R., Hull, S., Ross, H., Guillaume, D., Paul, S., Dera, N., & Hernandez, N. (2020). The pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) consciousness of black college women and the perceived hesitancy of public health institutions to curtail HIV in black women. BMC public health, 20(1), 1-11.
Honors and Awards
- 2020: Health Disparities Scholar, NIH National Institutes on Minority Health and Health Disparities Loan Repayment Program
- 2019: Sisters with Superpowers, Rolling Out Magazine
- 2017: Rising Scholar in the field of sexuality by The Society for the Scientific Study of Sexuality
- 2017: Nominated Stony Brook University 40 under 40
- 2017: Fellow, Health Disparities Research Training Program, NCI U54 Cancer Partnership
- 2017: American Association for Cancer Research-Minorities in Cancer Research (MICR) Council, Minority & Minority Serving Institution Faculty Scholar in Cancer Research Award
- 2016: MundoHispanico Latinas Poderosas (Powerful Latinas in Atlanta) Award
- 2012: University of South Florida College of Public Health Student Research Scholarship Award
- 2012: American Public Health Association Latino Caucus Best Student Paper Award
- 2012: Greg Alexander Scholarship in Maternal and Child Health, University of South Florida
- 2012, 2011: University of South Florida College of Public Health Community and Family Health Travel Scholarship
- 2011: Public Health Student Association Travel Scholarship, University of South Florida