University of Texas School of Public Health
Fellowship: Health disparities and cancer treatment
Baylor College of Medicine
Fellowship: Gene-diet interaction on body weight and body mass index
The University of Texas School of Public Health, Houston, Texas
Degree: Ph.D., Epidemiology
University of Texas Medical Branch, Galveston, Texas
Degree: Master of Science, Health Education and Promotion
Andrews University, Berrien Springs, Michigan
Degree: Bachelor of Science, Food & Nutrition & Dietetics: CUP program
Dale S. Hardy, Devita T. Stallings, Jane T. Garvin, Hongyan Xu, Susan B. Racette. Best Anthropometric
Discriminators of Incident Type 2 Diabetes among White and Black Adults: A Longitudinal
ARIC Study (Accepted by PLOS ONE).
Hardy D, Stallings D, Gachupin F, Garvin J, Xu H, Racette S. Anthropometric discriminators of type 2 diabetes in White and Black adults. J Diabetes. 2016; 9:296-307.
Garvin JT, Hardy D, Xu H. Initial Response to Program, Program Participation, and Weight Reduction Among 375 MOVE! Participants, Augusta, Georgia 2008-2010. Prev Chronic Dis. 2016;13:150598
Coughlin SS, Hardy D, Caplan LS. The need for culturally-tailored smartphone applications for weight control. Ja Ga Public Health Assoc. 2016; 5:228-232.
Du XL, Zhang Y, Hardy D. Associations between Hematopoietic Growth Factors and Risks of Venous Thromboembolism, Stroke, Heart Disease and Myelodysplastic Syndrome: Findings from a Large Population-based Cohort of Women with Breast Cancer. Cancer Causes and Control. 2016 May;27(5):695-707. Epub 2016 Apr 8.
Honors and Awards
- 2016: Early career committee member for the American Heart Association.
- 2014: Chair of a manuscript writing group in PRIDE (Programs to Increase Diversity among Individuals Engaged in Health-Related Research)
- 2013: PRIDE scholar in cardiovascular disease genetics
- 2012: Employee recognition for outstanding performance, Honorable mentioned, Baylor College of Medicine.
- 2011: Media recognition: Scientific article by Dale Hardy et al. recognized by ASCO Clinical Oncology Journal, AHRQ, and NIH publication committees: Racial disparities, geographic and socioeconomic status variation and use of hospice services in an elderly cohort with non-small cell lung cancer. Cancer. 2011;117:1506-15.
- 2010: Recipient of bridge funding from University of Texas School of Public Health.
- 2010: Merit award for outstanding performance, University of Texas School of Public Health.