Hadiyah-Nicole Green, Ph.D.
Location: Medical Education Building Room 343
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Degree: Doctor of Philosophy in Physics
University of Alabama at Birmingham
Degree: Master of Science in Physics
Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Physics
- Laser treatments for cancer
- Nanoparticle conjugation
- Biomarker targeting
- Drug delivery
- Translational studies and clinical trials
Donate Now: To contribute to Dr. Green's research, please click here then select the designation "Dr. Green's Research Fund"
1. Green HN, Crockett S, Martyshkin D, Singh KP, Grizzle W, Rosenthal E, Mirov S: A histological evaluation and in vivo assessment of intratumoral NIR photothermal nanotherapy induced tumor regression. International Journal of Nanomedicine. 2014 Nov 5; 9: 5093-102. PMID: 25395847.
2. Salaam AD, Hwang P, Poonawalla A, Green HN, Jun HW, Dean D: Nanodiamonds enhance therapeutic efficacy of doxorubicin in treating metastatic hormone-refractory prostate cancer. Nanotechnology 2014 Oct 24; 25(42):425103. doi: 10.1088/0957-4484/25/42/425103. Epub 2014 Oct 3. PMID: 25277401.
3. Salaam AD, Hwang P, McIntosh R, Green HN, Jun HW, Dean D: Nanodiamond-DGEA peptide conjugates for enhanced delivery of doxorubicin to prostate cancer. Beilstein Journal of Nanotechnology 2014; 5:937-945. doi:10.3762/bjnano.5.107. PMID: 25161829.
4. Frederick PJ, Green HN, Huang JS, Egger ME, Frieboes HB, Grizzle WE, McNally LR: Chemoresistance in ovarian cancer linked to expression of microRNAs. Biotechnic & Histochemistry 2013 October; 88(7): 403-409. PMID: 23672416.
5. Green HN, Martyshkin DV, Rodenburg CM, Rosenthal EL, Mirov SB: Gold nanorod bioconjugates for active tumor targeting and photothermal therapy. The Journal of Nanotechnology 2011; (631753): 753-759.
6. Green HN, Martyshkin DV, Rodenburg CM, Rosenthal EL, Mirov SB: A minimally invasive multifunctional nanoscale system for selective targeting, imaging, and NIR photothermal therapy of malignant tumors. Reporters, Markers, Dyes, Nanoparticles, and Molecular Probes for Biomedical Applications III 2011; (7910):79100-79109.
7. Saini V, Enervold MR, Perez A, Koploy A, Perkins G, Ellisman MH, Green HN, Mirov SB, Zharov VP, Everts M: Targeting nanoparticles to tumors using adenoviral vectors. Technical Proceedings of The Nano Science and Technology Institute Nanotechnology Conference and Trade Show: Biomarkers and Nanoparticles 2007; 2(4): 321-324.
Honors and Awards
2016 Veterans Affairs Historically Black Colleges and Universities Career Development
2011 Best Abstract Award Recipient, Summer Cancer Research Training Program Annual Meeting,
2011 Best Poster Award Recipient, 3rd International Conference on Nanotechnology (IC4N), Heraklion,
2011 2nd Place Poster Award Recipient, Nano-Biophotonics Summer Institute, University of Illinois
2007 National Science Foundation Graduate Student Research Program Fellowship Honorable Mention
2007 Platinum Poster Award Recipient, National Science Foundation Experimental Program to
Stimulate Competitive Research (EPSCoR), Waikoloa, Hawaii
2003 Who’s Who Among American College Students
2003 The National Dean’s List
2002 Alabama Agricultural and Mechanical University President’s Cup Award 4.0 GPA
2001 Torch Bearer Award, National Society of Black Engineers