36th Commencement Update:
Leadership Evaluating May 16, 2020 Commencement Amid Coronavirus Pandemic
The health and safety of our students, trainees, faculty and staff are our highest priorities, and we have been closely monitoring developments in the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) with a focus on its potential impact on our campus.
As we implement social distancing measures, such as canceling events, questions naturally arise about our highly anticipated 36th Commencement scheduled for May 16, 2020.
We have not made any decisions at this time.
Commencement season is a joyous celebration for the entire MSM community, including students, graduates, faculty, staff, and alumni, as well as graduate’s family members and friends, our institutional partners, MSM Board of Trustee members, esteemed speakers and honorary degree recipients. Therefore, we are carefully assessing potential challenges and opportunities for this year’s celebration.
We will keep you updated with a formal announcement on new advancements in the coming weeks, as well as with updates to this page.
- 2019 - 35th Commencement Ceremony
- 2018 - Health Equity Leader Dayna Matthew to Deliver 34th Morehouse School of Medicine Commencement Address
- 2017 - Civil Rights Icon Rep. John Lewis Delivers Morehouse School of Medicine's 33rd Commencement Address
- 2016 - Morehouse School of Medicine Graduates 116 at 32nd Commencement
- 2015 - Former U.S. Congresswoman Donna M. Christensen Delivers Morehouse School of Medicine's 31st Commencement Address