MSM Celebrates Growing Columbus Presence, Welcomes New Partners
Morehouse School of Medicine’s Columbus campus recently welcomed six new partners to its Clinical Preceptor Program. The Atlanta-based health sciences institution continues to grow its presence in the southwest Georgia community – with more to come.
For the second year in a row, MSM leaders celebrated their Columbus preceptors for the work they do with the school’s third- and fourth-year medical students who are participating in clinical rotations in pediatrics, family medicine, internal medicine, surgery, and OB/GYN.
“We are excited about the future expansion to a regional campus, which will provide our students even more opportunity to complete their entire clerkship in Columbus,” said Angelita Howard, EdD, director of Online Education and Expanded Programs, adding that plans call to bring some existing MSM programs offerings to the Columbus area in the near future.
“We have seen tremendous growth over the last two years, and a consistent commitment to our students by our partner physicians,” Howard continued. “Our students are pleased with their educational experience and the opportunities afforded in the Columbus area.”
Howard and Columbus Program Manager Ashaki Goodman also introduced Erica Sutton, MD, MSM’s new associate dean for affiliations and academic programs, who will help lead the Columbus expansion.
MSM Columbus Affiliates
- Dr. Kamesha Harbison, Valley Healthcare System
- Dr. Thomas N. Malone
- Dr. Ehrman Eldridge (passed away April 2019)
- Dr. Stephanie Kong, Zoe Pediatrics
- Dr. Susan McWhirter, Rivertown Pediatrics
- Dr. Terilyn Perry
- Dr. Edet Bassey, Columbus Primary Care-Internal
- Dr. Mohammed Pathan, Columbus Neurology
- Dr. Carlos Wise, Veterans Affairs
- Dr. Kimberly Funches-Jackson, JPL Family Medicine
- Dr. Edward Hamilton, Family First Medical Care
- Dr. Malcolm Goodchild, Piedmont Columbus Regional