Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What to expect during the reaffirmation process?
All institutions accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) are required to undergo a review for reaffirmation of accreditation every ten years. The Commission reaffirms the accreditation of an institution as a totality. This includes the main campus of MSM, as well as all centers, branches, campuses, or other sites at which academic degree work is offered.
MSM must complete and submit a Compliance Certification Report. This report must include a review of all the institution’s operations which will be reviewed by the Commission during the institution’s reaffirmation.
- Everyone at MSM—students, faculty, and staff—will be involved.
- Everyone must work together in encure that MSM is in full compliance with each accreditation standard.
- Therefore, if you are called upon to help with a committee, please do so with diligence and excellence!
- It is expected that everyone continues to exemplify integrity and teamwork by adhering to MSM’s mission and vision.
Without accreditation, MSM will not be able to provide the quality of education required to educate, train and prepare our healthcare leaders of tomorrow.
The process of review for reaffirmation will include compiling and submitting a Compliance Certification Report documenting compliance with the Principles of Accreditation and submitting a Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) for review by SACSCOC evaluation committees.
During the reaffirmation of accreditation process and in all other relationships with the Commission and with their other constituencies, MSM will be expected:
- to maintain integrity,
- to abide by the Principles of Accreditation and all Commission policies and procedures,
- to provide the Commission complete and accurate information about institutional operations,
- to be candid and thorough in their own self-evaluations,
- to accept an honest and forthright peer assessment of institutional strengths and weaknesses, and
- to cooperate fully with the Commission during all aspects of the process of evaluation in an atmosphere of openness that enables peer evaluators to perform their duties with maximum efficiency and effectiveness.
Reaffirmation ensures the public that MSM maintains the principles of integrity and engages in a systematic process of ongoing improvement.