George Hubbard Hospital, Meharry Medical College
Residency: Family Medicine & Clinical Preventive Medicine
Meharry Medical College
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Degree: Bachelor of Biology
- Cancer Prevention and Control
- Graduate Medical Education
- American Board of Family Practice
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- American College of Preventive Medicine
- Murphy, F.G., Taylor,B.D. Community health and urban revitalization in the 21st century. American Journal of Health Studies, 2020 June.
- Taylor, B., Buckner, A. V., Durham-Walker, C., Azonobi, I. C. Training residents to address cancer health disparities. Journal of Graduate Medical Education, 2012, 4(1), 72-75.
- Crosby, A. E., Buckner, A. V., Taylor, B. Addressing Self-Directed Violence Preventive Medicine Practitioners. Am J. Lifetyle Medicine, 2011 October; 418-427.
Honors and Awards
- 2020: Joseph D. Green Award for Community Service, Georgia Healthcare Foundation, Atlanta, GA.
- 2016: Faculty Development Award for academic leadership, Morehouse School of Medicine, for Leadership in promoting the academic development of faculty at MSM.
- 2014: Leadership Award, Morehouse School of Medicine, Presented by Dean Montgomery Rice for outstanding leadership and fostering a positive and motivating work environment.
- 2009-2008: In recognition of exemplary service to others, integrity, clinical excellence and compassionate and respectful relationships with patients, families and colleagues. Listed in the Cambridge Who’s Who Registry of Executives Professionals and Entrepreneurs as a VIP
- 2008-2003: Member, Physician’s Training Award Review Board, American Cancer Society, National Office, Atlanta Georgia. This Review Board evaluates grant applications for preventive medicine residency programs seeking to develop a cancer prevention track within existing preventive medicine residency training programs
- 2005: Inducted into the Arnold P. Gold Foundation Humanism Honor Society
- 2002: Inducted into the Alpha Lambda Chapter of the Delta Omega Society, Morehouse School of Medicine
- 2001: Women’s Health Initiative Award, “In the Presence of Elders” honoring women who have made contributions to science and medicine.
- 2001: “Humanism in Medicine Award”, from the Jewish Foundation of New Jersey. Presented during Class Day for the Morehouse School Medicine 2001 graduating class