University of Georgia, Athens, GA
Degree: Master of Arts in Health Promotion and Behaviour
Brandeis University, Waltham, MA
Degree: BA in General Science and African and African American Studies
- Cancer prevention and control
- Community Health Workers
- Hypertension control
- Health Literacy
- Bioethics and Communities of Color
- Social Determinants of Health,
- Patient-centered care
- Community-based Research/Action
- Williams, A. W., Ervin, C. E., McCray, G. G. (2020). Bridge Builders to Health Equity: The High School Community Health Worker Program. Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association. Volume 8, Number 1
- McCray, G. G., Ervin, C. E., Haynes, B. L., Proeller, A. S., Livingston, A. W. (2020) Making the Case for Community Health Workers in Georgia. Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association. Volume 8, Number 1.
- Allen, C.G., McKinney, L., Bethea, B., Escoffery, C., McCray, G., McBride, C. & Akintobi, T. (2020). Abstract B090: Exploring the roles of CHWs in improving uptake of family health history assessment among patients and providers: Implications for cancer risk reduction and prevention among minority populations. (2020). American Association for Cancer Research. DOI: 10.1158/1538-7755.DISP18-B090 Published June 2020
- Daniels, E.C., Powe, B.D., Metoyer, T., McCray, G., Baltrus, P. & Rust, G.S. (2012). Increasing knowledge of cardiovascular risk factors among African Americans by use of community health workers: the ABCD community intervention pilot project. Journal of the National Medical Association.
- Smith, S. Johnson, L. , Wesley, D, Turner, K.B., McCray, G.G., Sheats, J.,& Blumenthal, D.S. (2012). Translation to Practice of an Intervention to Promote Colorectal Cancer Screening Among African Americans. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3476058/?report=reader (Clinical and Translational Science). E pub 2012 Aug 7.