Methodist Hospital, Brooklyn, NY
Residency: Internal Medicine
Morehouse School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Residency: Preventive Medicine
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA
Residency: Occupational Medicine
Long Island University, ITTC
St. Georges University School of Medicine
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Emory University, Master of Public Health Program
Degree: Master of Public Health
Hunter College, City University of New York, BA
- Plant-Based Nutrition and chronic disease
- Lifestyle behavior modification in the prevention and treatment of type 2 diabetes
- Vitamin D screening among African Americans: Are we using the wrong test
- Employee Health Interventions that improve health and reduce costs.
- Environmental Health
- Lifestyle Medicine
- Occupational Medicine
- Branch-Rooke, J., McKinley, T. W., & Sikes, R. K. (1990). Domestic violence: an analysis of battered women in Georgia. Journal of the Medical Association of Georgia.
- Branch-Rooke, J. (1997) The HIV Epidemic in Grenada, 1984 - 1996. Grenada Medical Journal.
- Rooke, J. (2018). Advancing Health Equity With Lifestyle Medicine. American Journal of Lifestyle Medicine, 1559827618780680. https://doi.org/10.1177/1559827618780680
- Rooke, J (2020) Handwashing and Plant-Based Nutrition: Recurring themes in Health Education. American Journal of Health Science.
Honors and Awards
- Full-Tuition Scholarship, St. Georges University, School of Medicine, St. Georges, Grenada, December 1980
- Annual Service Awards, Choice Care Occupational Medicine, 2005 - 2007
- Service Appreciation Award, The Airport Mail Center at OSHA VPP Flag Ceremony, August 9, 2007
- Appreciation Award for Outstanding Contributions in Teaching, Morehouse School of Medicine, June 22, 2007
- Service Award for Serving as President, Georgia Chapter of the American College of Occupational and Environmental Medicine, February 11, 2012
- Service Appreciation Award, Georgia Caribbean American Heritage Coalition, at Opening Ceremony of Caribbean Heritage Month, June 2, 2013