Centers for Disease Control
Epidemic Intelligence Service Applied Epidemiology & Biostatistics
Emory University School of Medicine - Internal Medicine Residency
Emory University School of Public Health
Howard University College of Medicine
Sophia University – Tokyo, Japan
- Social determinant of health
- Maternal & Child Health issues
Clinical InterestsGlobal Health
- Henry Akintobi, T. K., Bleass, B. (Author), Bethea, B. (Author), Floyd, V. (Author), Hefner, D. (Author), Bond, V. (Author), Harris-Hooker, S. (Author), Taylor, H. (Author), Translational Science 2020, "TX TM: Formalization and Institutional Investment in a Model Designed to Advance Research Translational to Community Transformation," Association for Clinical and Translational Science, Washington, DC. (April 2020).
- Floyd, V. D. (Author & Presenter), Gbodossou, E. V. (Author), Cambridge University SCOLMA Annual Conference - African Medicine Matters, "The PROMETRA International Journey: Traditional Medicine in Africa," Cambridge University, Cambridge, England. (September 6, 2016).
- Floyd, V., Georgia Center for Oncology Research & Education Patient Navigators, "The Role of Patient Navigators: Creating Connections-Building Bridges...Together," Georgia Society of Clinical Oncology, Atlanta, GA. (September 12, 2015).
- Floyd, V., Spelman College Founders Day, "International Engagement: The Fulfillment of a Career," Spelman College, Atlanta. (April 1, 2014).
- Floyd, V., National Medical Association Annual Conference, "Global Health - The Role of HBCU Medical Schools," NMA, New Orleans, LA. (July 30, 2012).
Honors and Awards
- Honorary Degree - Doctor of Science, Spelman College. 2019
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society, Howard University College of Medicine. 2018
- Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars, Spelman College. 2018
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society, Spelman College. 2017-2018
- National Resolution & Commendation, March of Dimes Foundation. 2016