Research InterestsDesigning and implementing quality behavioral health interventions for minority adults, youth, and families
Clinical InterestsClinical services to underserved adults, youth, and families
- Kelch-Oliver, K. Collins, M.H., Smith, C. O., & Diaz, D. (2007). Individual and family contributions to depressive symptoms in African American children with sickle cell disease. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 14, 376-384.
- Collins, M.H., Kelch-Oliver, K., Johnson, K., Welkom, J., Kotteke, M., & Smith, C.O. (2010). Clinically significant depressive symptoms in African American Adolescent Females in an urban reproductive health clinic. Journal of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings, 17, 175-182 DOI 10.1007/s10880-010-9200-9
- Kaslow, N.J., Broth, M.R., Smith, C.O., & Collins, M.H. (2012). Family-based interventions for child and adolescent disorders. Journal of Marital and Family Therapy, 38, 82-100. DOI: 10:1111/j1752-0606.2011.00257x
- Johnson, K., Kelch-Oliver, K., Smith, C.O., Green, S.E., Wallace, T. M., Kotteke, M., Collins, M.H., (2012). Depression Screenings during routine visits in a reproductive healthcare setting: Identifying depressive symptoms in African American males. Scientific Research. 3, 870-877 DOI: DOI:10.4236/psych2012.310131.
- Smith, C.O., Johnson, K., Kelch-Oliver, K. Welkom, J. S., Gardner, N.A., Collins, M.H. (2013). Exploring the Mentoring Relationship among African American Women in Psychology. Advancing Women in Leadership Journal. 33, 28-27.
Honors and Awards
- Children’s Choice Reading List, International Literacy Association & Children’s Book Council, 2019
- Notable Social Studies Trade Books for Young People, National Council for Social Studies & Children’s Book Council, 2019
- National Parenting Product Award (NAPPA), National Parenting Product, Children’s Books Division, 2018
- Forward INDIES Choice Book Award Picture Book Finalist, INDIES, 2018
- Social Emotional Learning (SEL) Collection with Reading Is Fundamental (RIF), Magination Press, American Psychological Association, 2018
- Distinguished Service Award, Emory University, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 2011
- Transforming Community Project (TCP) Champions Award, 2010
- Emory University We Are Emory Diversity Poster Campaign, 2009
- Emory University Richard W. Morrell Community Service Award, 2008
- Emory University Psychology Departmental Award National Institutes of Health Loan Repayment Health Disparities Research Award 2004
- Cultural and Economic Diversity Award, American Family Therapy Academy, 1998