Georgia Southern University
Degree: Doctor of Public Health (DrPH) in Public Health Leadership
Meharry Medical College
Degree: Master of Science (MSPH) in Public Health
Degree: Bachelor of Science in Psychology
- Small Group Learning
- Student Learning Communities
- Professional Development
- Public Health Leadership
- Data Analysis and Visualization
SpecialtiesPublic Health Leadership
Mitchell, A. K., Mork, A. L., Hall, J., & Bayer, C. R. (2021). Navigating COVID-19 through diverse student learning communities: importance and lessons learned. Health Education.
Rivers, D.A., Durham Walker, C., Mitchell, A.K., Lawrence, S., & Bayer, C.R. Improving the Public’s Health Through Sustained, Multidisciplinary
Academic and Community Partnerships: The MSM Model. Journal of the Georgia Public
Health Association, 8(1), 119-127, 2020.
Adewale, O., Cooper, C., Felix, P., Mitchell, A. K., Savage, J., & Mase, W. A. The Ethics of Parental Refusal to Vaccinate: Costs, Community Safety, and Individual Rights. Journal of the Georgia Public Health Association, 7(2), 98-103, 2019. 3. Randall, K. R., Eatman, D., Mitchell, A. K., & McNeal, M. Using learning communities to successfully navigate through the stages of graduate education at a small medical school. Journal of Advances in Education Research, 3(1), 59-66. 2018.
Honors and Awards
- 2018 2nd Place, Excellence in Service-Learning Showcase, Georgia Southern University
- 2018 3rd Place, Beyond Flexner Conference Student Poster Competition
- 2019 Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
- 2019 Rising Star Award, Community Health Course, Morehouse School of Medicine