Cohen Children's Medical Center (Schneider Children's Hospital)
Degree: Doctor of Medicine
Barbara Menchan, MD, is a board-certified pediatrician and a Fellow of the American
Academy of Pediatrics, with over 20 years of professional and clinical teaching experience.
Originally from the northeast, Dr. Menchan earned her undergraduate degree at Tufts
University and her medical degree at Rutgers Medical School. Her internship and residency
were completed at Cohen Children’s Medical Center, located in New York, where she
also served as chief resident.
Upon completion of her residency, Dr. Menchan relocated to Georgia where she has been in practice since 2001. She has served as department chair and served on various hospital committees during her career. In addition, she also served as Academic Chair for the Department of Pediatrics, and the Year 4 Program Director for the Columbus campus of Mercer University School of Medicine. She is currently an Associate Professor with Morehouse School of Medicine and serves as chair for the Pediatric Healthcare Improvement Coalition of Georgia.
In her spare time, she enjoys traveling and exploring the world with her husband. In addition, she enjoys spending time with her children and family. An avid music fan, she enjoys listening to music, playing music and attending concerts.
Board CertificationBoard Certified, American Boards of Pediatrics
Honors and Awards
- 2021 Piedmont Columbus’ Influential Woman Award
- 2021 Doctoral Hood Presenter, Mercer University Medical School Class of 2021
- 2018 Physician of the Year, Piedmont Physician Medical Group
- 2018 Excellence in Quality Award, Piedmont Physician Medical Group
- 2018 Excellence in Patient Experience Award, Piedmont Physician Medical Group
- 2003 Best Pediatrician Award for Carroll County, GA
- 1999 Nassau Pediatric Society Research Award, Topic: “Office Emergencies: Are Pediatricians Prepared?”
- 1998 Intern of the Year, Schneider Children’s Hospital - New Hyde Park, NY