MSM’s Global Health Learners Experience
Overview & Background
Morehouse School of Medicine’s Office of Global Health Equity (OGHE) is soliciting proposals for small grants intended to support projects/experiences aimed at applying innovative solutions towards global health and development challenges impacting resource-constrained settings. These small grants will provide funding to support short-term global health engagements and may be eligible for renewal based on favorable progress on identified project goals and availability of funding. Funded projects and learning experiences may include initiatives that target any of the following domains:
- Access to care issues
- Examining social determinants (e.g., housing, poverty, education, etc.) that influence access to health care
- Health systems issues (e.g., health workforce, health facilities, health policies, health finance, etc.)
- Infectious & Communicable Diseases (e.g., malaria, HIV/AIDS, chlamydia, cholera etc.)
- Chronic Disease (e.g., Sickle Cell/Obesity/Hypertension/Diabetes/Sleep/Cancer)
- Global mental health (e.g., trauma, substance use, depression, etc.)
- Disaster mental health
- Immigrant/refugee health
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Practice
Applicants are strongly encouraged to develop projects that target areas of need identified by in-country collaborators
Application submission instructions
- Carefully read the full RFP, review submission instructions, and engage with the OGHE with any relevant questions prior to submitting a proposal.
- Complete proposals should be succinct and must not exceed 6, single-spaced pages using 11 or 12-point font (preferably Times New Roman or Calibri).
- All applications should be submitted electronically by online application. Complete proposals must be submitted by 5pm Friday, March 1st, 2019.
- Proposals will be reviewed by a selection committee, and awardees will be notified via email by COB Friday, April 1st, 2019.
- Technical assistance conference calls can be scheduled as needed. For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
|February 1, 2019||Release of RFP|
|March 1, 2019||Application deadline|
|March 1 – 31, 2019||Application review period|
|April 1, 2019||Notification of awardees|
|Summer 2019||Anticipated project start date|
|Fall 2019||Project end date|
|December 15, 2019||End-of-project report due|
|Funding amount: up to $5,000|
- Completion of required forms (e.g., scope of work, MOU with partnering organization(s), etc.)
- Evaluation of project impact and outcomes: OGHE will provide technical assistance
- End-of-project report due within one month of project end date (or no later than December 15, 2019): OGHE will provide template