Ph.D. in Biomedical Sciences Application Requirements
- Applicants must hold a baccalaureate degree or the equivalent from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Applicants must have a record of superior academic achievement in undergraduate studies majoring in the natural sciences (e.g., biology, chemistry, or physics).
- The Graduate Record Exam (GRE) General Exam is required of all Ph.D. applicants. Scores cannot be older than 5 years. Second year MD students wishing to enter the Ph.D. program after their second year of training to pursue both M.D. and Ph.D. may substitute their MCAT scores for this requirement.
- Three letters of recommendation, preferably from science course professors or research supervisors.
- Completed online application.
Selection Criteria and Process
Selection of applicants for the Ph.D. program is competitive. The Admissions Committee evaluations are based on undergraduate and any graduate performance, particularly in science courses. In addition, performance on the Graduate Record Examination and letters of reference weigh heavily in judging an applicant's preparedness for graduate study. Prior research experience is recommended, but is not required. Interest in the Program's mission is also considered. Selected applicants are invited for interviews which are required for admission.
Application Deadline: Completed Ph.D. applications for the Fall admissions cycle, including a $50 non-refundable
application processing fee, are due by January 15. Ph.D. applications completed by December 1 will receive priority consideration for Fall admission.
For additional information, please contact:
Mr. Brandon Walton