Resident of the Year
Congratulations to Dr. Alexendria Poitier, PGY-2, rising chief resident, for being named Resident of the Year at the 2023 GME Joint Graduation Cermony!
100% Board Pass Rate for Graduating Class of 2023
We are pleased to share that our 2023 graduating class achieved a 100% board pass
Congratulations to our newest alumni!
Global Medicine Trip
Dr. Daniels, Chief Resident, January 2023 Global Medicine trip to the DR:
- Member of the first official Family Medicine Cares International Delegation from the American Academy of Family Physicians to the Dominican Republic.
- Aspects of the Global Medicine Initiative included:
- Provided direct patient care to underserved populations in various 4 bateys in DR where we saw 150 patients on the very first day working alongside local physicians from One World Surgery who will continue to provide care to the patients most in need.
- Participated in a medical education symposium at the Universidad Central del Este that focused on diabetes management.
- Hosted community project and celebration to support Nuestros Pequeños Hermanos, a group home and educational facility for children in need.
2022 Resident of Year Award
The Georgia Academy of Family Physicians honored Morehouse School of Medicine family medicine resident Macy McNair, M.D., with its ‘2022 Resident of the Year Award’ during the organization’s annual meeting in November.
Congratulations to Dr. Macy McNair, MD, Chief Resident, for receiving the 2022 Ryan and Reginald Wimberly Humanism in Medicine Award at the 2022 GME Joint Graduation Cermony!
Program Manager of the Year
Congratulations to Ms. Rita Akiyode, Program Manager, for being named Program Manager of the Year at the 2022 GME Joint Graduation Cermony!
Program Assistant of the Year
Congratulations to Ms. Christie George, Program Assistant, for being named Program Assistant of the Year at the 2022 GME Joint Graduation Cermony!
100% Board Pass Rate for Graduating Class of 2022
We are pleased to share that our 2022 graduating class achieved a 100% board pass
Congratulations to our alumni!
We are ecstatic to announce that our own Dr. Landon Irvin matched into the Primary Care Sports Medicine Fellowship Program of the University of North Carolina. Congratulations!
Congratulations to our recent graduate, Dr. Kelechi Anyanwu, on continuing her education in the Public Health & Preventative Medicine program at Morehouse School of Medicine!
- PGY 1s receive a laptop
- PGY 2s receive $750 for CME
- PGY 3s AAFP Board Review Course
- PGY 3 are reimbursed up to $1,000 of their ABFM registration for first time pass
- Self-select rotation schedules
- White Coats and Scrubs
- Business Cards
- Life-Support Training and Certification
- Faculty-lead Board Review Sessions
- Paid Membership in the American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP) and Georgia Academy of Family Physicians (GAFP)
- Department issued iphones
- Variety of training sites to include the Atlanta VA Medical Center, Grady Memorial Hospital, WellStar Atlanta Medical Center, Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, and Carl Vinson VA Medical Center
Events and Activities
- Graduation Dinner
- Annual Resident Retreat
- Annual Department of Family Medicine Retreat
- Resident Wellness Activities
- Resident Research Day
- New Resident Orientation
- Continuing Resident Orientation for each year of training
- Compact Ceremony
- Joint Graduation Ceremony