Office of Sponsored Research Administration
The Office of Sponsored Research Administration is a unit within the Office of the Dean created to support the scholarly activities of faculty, staff and students. Our mission is to facilitate the procurement of external support through research grants, contracts, and technological assistance agreements; to administer internal support for research; and to assist with documenting and publicizing the scholarly achievements of members of the research community.
The Office of Sponsored Research Administration values:
- A broad definition of research and creative activity that includes the scholarship of discovery, the scholarship of learning, and the scholarship of dissemination;
- The pursuit of research in an environment that encourages free and open inquiry, that provides supportive services for academic achievement, scholarship, and creativity;
- The importance of research experiences for graduate students in particular and all students in general;
- The collaborative nature of research.
The vision of the Office of Sponsored Research Administration is to:
- Provide an infrastructure at MSM that supports the enhancement of basic, clinical and community-based research efforts;
- Increase external support of research; strengthen the research experience of graduate students
- Foster the conduct of research at MSM that will reduce and ultimately eliminate health disparities