Dr. Jill Biden Visit
Dr. Biden came to Morehouse School of Medicine to see how the medical school is working to fight the disease and meet future health leaders preparing to take on cancer. She learned about the school’s mission from President and Dean Valerie Montgomery Rice, M.D., the Cancer Health Equity Institute from Brian Rivers, Ph.D., and had a chance to hear from students.
News Coverage: Jill Biden visits MSM
Distinguished Leadership Series
This lectureship series, hosted by Morehouse School of Medicine in 2019, highlights thought-provoking and innovative scientific developments in global health research related to advancing cancer health equity in the U.S. This program included presentations from top scientists in this country and was held in conjunction with the AACR Annual Meeting 2019.
AACR Public Forum - Progress and Promise Against Cancer
This forum brings experts together to discuss cancer research with a focus on cancer health disparities that can impact cancer prevention, early detection, diagnosis, treatment, and survivorship.
"The 411 on Clinical Trials" with BlackDoctor.org
The Atlantic Magazine "People v. Cancer"
The Atlantic magazine hosted its inaugural summit on cancer – People v. Cancer – at the iconic Plaza Hotel in NYC 2018
Dr. Hadiyah-Nicole Green on her Innovative Laser Cancer Treatment
Khabar Magazine Feature of Dr. Veena N. Rao and her Journey
More Media Spots...
- The Local Take talks Cancer Health Equity with Dr. Lillard of MSM
- AACR Launches Initiative to Address Cancer Health Disparities in African Americans
- 2020 African American Genome
- "Precision Medicine Doesn't Trickle Down" in BlackHealthMatters.com
- Dr. Brian Rivers spoke with the National Press Foundation on "Racial Disparities in Cancer"
- Eleventh AACR Conference on The Science of Cancer Health Disparities – Dr. Brian Rivers – Chair-Elect for Minorities in Cancer Research Council
- Putting an End to Cancer Health Disparities - 2020 by 2020 Initiative - CancerToday