HBCU Collaboration for Excellence in Educational Quality Assurance
In the Fall of 2017, the National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment (NILOA), the Office of Educational Outcomes and Assessment at the Morehouse School of Medicine and the Office of University Assessment at Florida Agricultural & Mechanical University teamed up to conceptualize the HBCU Collaborative for Excellence in Educational Quality Assurance (HBCU‑CEEQA), a structured collaborative comprised of assessment and institutional effectiveness professionals from HBCUs. The inaugural convening of CEEQA took place June 21-22, 2018, on the historic Morehouse School of Medicine campus in Atlanta, GA. CEEQA is composed of assessment and institutional effectiveness leaders dedicated to advancing student learning, institutional quality, and student success. Our collaborative seeks to help address accountability measures while being true to HBCU missions.
The mission of HBCU-CEEQA is to demonstrate the effectiveness of HBCUs through the use of best-practices in assessment and evaluation by leveraging the collective expertise of assessment and institutional effectiveness professionals and other stakeholders.
The Historically Black Colleges and Universities Collaborative for Excellence in Educational Quality Assurance (HBCU-CEEQA) will be a leader in building the capacity to demonstrate the impact and effectiveness of HBCUs.
HBCU CEEQA Preconvening, October 2018
The goals of CEEQA are to:
- Provide a collaborative space for sharing and promoting the use of best-practices and resources in outcomes assessment and evidence-based decision making at partner HBCU institutions.
- Enhance the use of systematic, evidence-based practices for assessment and institutional effectiveness among partner institutions.
- Provide a platform for showcasing the culturally relevant assessment and evaluation practices that are used to tell the story and demonstrate the impact of HBCUs through scholarly output in the form of joint research, publications, and conference presentations with partner institutions.
- Communicate the impact and effectiveness of HBCUs to internal and external stakeholders through culturally relevant processes, measures, and metrics.
- Cultivate strategic partnerships that advance the goals and mission of HBCU-CEEQA.