Education & Training
The NCPC Health Policy Division recognizes the importance of engaging primary care clinicians in the policymaking process. We have developed education and training opportunities that empower primary care clinicians to have their voices heard.
The NCPC Health Policy Division faculty teach Morehouse School of Medicine students
and residents to be health equity champions within their communities through the Health
Policy & Advocacy rotation. During this rotation, students learn about the policy-making
process, connect with community resources, and meet with elected officials to discuss
pressing health policy issues impacting Georgia’s underserved communities.
The NCPC Health Policy Division provides trainings to local and national community partners and organizations that help them maximize their ability to improve health at the most upstream levels. The NCPC can help you:
- Understand and leverage the policymaking process
- Develop your advocacy agenda
- Learn to effectively communicate with policymakers
- Integrate health equity into your clinical practice
- Identify your policy endgame
- Translate your research for lay audiences and policymakers
- Develop and implement a sustainability strategy