Bridge to Health Informatics
June 13- July 15, 2022
The Office of Online Education and Expanded Program offers a 5-week summer program built to expose motivated undergraduate juniors and seniors and post-baccalaureates to the health informatics field. The program structure is built on an integrated curriculum introducing career readiness tools, clinical health technologies and analytics, artificial intelligence, and telemedicine. Participants who successfully complete this 5-week summer program are guaranteed admission into the Master of Science in Health Informatics (MSHI) degree program, along with a scholarship.
The online MSHI degree provides a foundation in business concepts needed to advance health information technologies (health IT). The goal of the MSHI online program is to develop comprehensive knowledge in the methodologies to acquire, store, retrieve, and use health information in medicine to support healthcare and research enterprises. MSHI will teach students to lead the creation and advancement of health equity in health informatics.
Health Informatics is very important in today’s healthcare industry. It combines the field of information technology, science, and medicine while improving patient outcome.
Applicants must meet ALL of the following criteria by the application deadline:
- MacBook or PC and Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Current undergraduate juniors and seniors or post-baccalaureates interested in pursuing a career in the health informatics field.
- All declared majors are welcome.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.8
- Highly recommended have taken at least a research or statistics course
- One letter of recommendation- current students must be recommended by their current advisor or professor. Letters of recommendation must be on a letterhead and signed.
- Completed application
- Unofficial Transcript(s) Official transcripts must be submitted when applying for the Master of Science in Health Informatics Degree
- Completed essay (no more than 1 page) explaining why you are interested in the “Bridges to Health Informatics” and why you would benefit from this program.
Bridge to Health Informatics Curriculum
- Health Informatics Overview
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- US Healthcare Systems
- Consumer Digital Health
- Public Policy & Health Informatics
- Legal, Ethical, & Social Issues
- Evidence Based Decision Making
- Project Management
- Career Readiness/Resume Writing
- Public Health Informatics
- Culminating Project “Health Informatics”
Students selected to attend the Bridge to Health Informatics Pipeline:
- Guaranteed Admissions to the 14-month Online Master of Science in Health Informatics, along with a scholarship
- $500 stipend after completion of the summer program
- Career Preparation
- Interact with Health Informatics Experts
To maintain elgibility in the program, students must:
- Miss no more than two sessions
- Complete graded weekly assignments
- Complete research project
- Complete pre and post surveys
June 13 - July 15, 2022
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Please note: This program will be virtual with several synchronous sessions, so students will be expected to be engaged daily from 9 a.m.- 4 p.m. with an hour lunch break.
Application Deadline is Friday April 22, 2022
To request additional information, please complete the form below: