James W. Reed, M.D. Lectureship
The Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM) James W. Reed, M.D. Lectureship is an annual event named in honor of James W. Reed, M.D., MSM’s Chief of Endocrinology & Metabolism and Associate Chair of Research.
Stephen C. Redd, M.D.
The 10th Annual James W. Reed Lecture featured Stephen C. Redd, M.D. (RADM, USPHS) Deputy Director for Public Health Service and Implementation Science (DDPHSIS) at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Click here to read Dr. Redd's biography.
The lecture titled, “Ending the HIV Epidemic” was held on Wednesday, November 20, 2019 and can be viewed below.
At the conclusion of this activity, participants should be able to:
1. Define CDC’s four strategies of the U.S. Government’s initiative, Ending the HIV Epidemic.
2. Identify two primary obstacles to PREP implementation.
3. Contrast ending the HIV Epidemic with prior efforts in HIV control.
The Morehouse School of Medicine is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians. The Morehouse School of Medicine designates this live activity for a maximum of up to 1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 credit (s) ™. Physicians should only claim credit commensurate with the extent to their participation in the activity.
Prior Keynote Speakers
- 2018 “Overcoming Disparities in Obesity, Diabetes, and Kidney Disease," presented by Griffin Rodgers, M.D., M. A. C. P., Director of the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases at the National Institutes of Health.
- 2016 “NIMHD Agenda on Reducing Health Disparities in Health Outcomes and Promoting Health
Care Equity,” presented by Eliseo J. Perez-Stable, MD Director, National Institute
on Minority Health and Health Disparity (NIMHD)
- 2015 "Toward a Systems Science Approach to Eliminating Health Disparities,” presented
by Gary H. Gibbons, MD Director, National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute National
Institutes of Health
- 2014 “Hypertension Treatment and Control: Translational Science Insights and the Future of Implementation Research,” presented by George A. Mensah, M.D., FACC, director of the Center for Translation Research and Implementation Science (CTRIS) at the National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
About Dr. James W. Reed, M.D.