Community Physician's Network
The Community Physician's Network (CPN) is an academic community partnership between Morehouse School of Medicine and affiliated physicians in the community whose practice include at least 30% minority patients. Membership is open to physicians of all specialties.
Goal: Bi-Directional practice based solutions to eliminating healthcare disparities
- Disease-specific registries for quality improvement in hypertension and diabetes
- Deliver Targeted Educational Workshops and Expert Roundtables
- Facilitate Adoption and Implementation of Personal Health Records.
- Encourage small and medium size practices in adoption of Electronic Medical Record (EMR)
- Assist physicians qualify for the Diabetes Physician Recognition Program (DPRP).
- Clinical Trials Training and Certification of physicians
- Participate in Research Workshops organized by Community Engagement and Research Program (CERP). The Community Engagement and Research Program is a component of the Atlanta Clinical Translational Science Institute (ACTSI), a consortium of Emory University, Morehouse School of Medicine, and Georgia Tech.
- Health 360x is an innovative intervention designed to use accessible health information technologies to support diabetes self-management efforts among a population of primarily African American adults with diabetes who receive care at local private, community/primary care clinics.
- Access the MSM Health 360x site Click here.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What do I need to know about joining CPN? Click here
- Where do I register to join CPN? Click here
- Who do I contact?
- Debra Teague, Program Manager; E-mail: email@example.com , Phone: (404) 756-5051
- Participate in Quality Improvement (QI) Initiatives
- Participate in Continuing Medical Education Activities
- Participate in MSM sponsored Clinical Research
Benefits of Membership:
- Membership Benefit of Georgia State Medical Association (GSMA) and Atlanta Medical Association (AMA)
- Membership benefit of the MSM National Alumni Network
- Continued Medical Education (CME)
- Training and participation in clinical trials
- Patient Cantered Health and Wellness initiatives
- Support Adoption of Electronic Health Records
- Quality Reporting for Improved Reimbursement
Responsibilities and Functions:
- Promotes participant recruitment and community education on research, through community events and advisory boards.
Tabia Henry Akintobi, PhD, MPH
Director, Prevention Research Center
Director, Evaluation and Institutional Assessment
Associate Dean, Community Engagement
Priscilla E. Pemu, MD, MS, FACP
Medical Director, Clinical Research Center
Medical Director, Community Physicians' Network
MSM Faculty and Staff:
- Priscilla Igho-Pemu, MD, MS; Medical Director
- Debra Teague, BS/BA, Program Manager
- Bolanle O. Adekioe Sogade, MD
- W. Steen James, MD, FAAP
- Grady Hospital
- Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center
- South Fulton Medical Center
- Association of Black Cardiologists
- Georgia State Medical Association
- National Medical Association
- National Minority Quality Form (NMQF)
- Atlanta Clinical and Translational Science Institute
- The Medtronic Foundation
- National Institute on Minority Health and Health Disparities
- Arbor Pharmaceuticals
- 50 CPN practices and over 300,000 patient visits in metro Atlanta, Macon and Columbus participate in cardiovascular and diabetes quality improvement
- Over 3000 patients in CPN Hypertension Registry for Quality Improvement
- CPN doctors are certified in diabetes care
- 22 CPN practices with EMR or actively considering EMR and data repository
- 100 patients from CPN practices received tools for self-care/prevention through the Hearts of Humanity Program
- 120 CPN physicians and clinical coordinators trained in GCP clinical trials Awards
- Medtronic Foundation; National Center for Minority Health and Health Disparities; Proclamation State of GA for Georgia Diabetes and Obesity Initiative; Exemplary Leadership Award (CHT)
*CPN Eligibility: You are MSM alumnus; your practice has at least 30% patients from underserved groups -African Americans, Hispanic Americans other minority./economically disadvantaged patients; you are a member of GSMA/AMA
*HIPPA Business Associate Agreement
*CPN Demographic Sheet