- Dekalb Medical
- Residents Continuity Clinic is at Grady Hospital
- Ambulatory Electives available at Grady include:
- Orthopedics, Sports Medicine, Neurology, Palliative Care, Nutrition, Sleep Medicine, Dermatology, ENT, Opthalmology, Rehab Medicine, Wound Care Clinic
- Ambulatory Electives available at the VA include:
- Dermatology, Radiology, Neurology, Tele Medicine, Psychiatry, Substance Abuse Clinic, Neurology
- ICU roations are available at Grady for PGY1, PGY2 and PGY3 Residents. It is also availble at the VA for PGY2 and PGY3 Residents.
Grady - Cardiology, Pulmonary, Gastroenterology, Infectious Disease, Nephrology, Endocrine, Neurology, Emergency Department, Dermatology, Hematology/Oncology, Sleep Medicine, Rheumatology, Night Float, Radiology
VA - Pulmonary, Dermatology, Telemedicine, Hematology/Oncology, Emergency Medicine, Radiology
X + Y Schedule
The X + Y schedule was adopted on July 1, 2020. We are using the 4 + 1 model. In this system the residents rotate 4 weeks on the In-Patient Wards, ICU, Consult Services, Emergency Department, Board Review and other electives alternating with 1 week of Ambulatory rotation.
The advantages of this rotation system are:
Total separation of in and out patient rotations so residents can focus on a particular rotation.
It enhances the delivery of cirriculum by placing residents into groups and those groups can follow a cirriculum designed exclusively for that rotation.
It enhances wellness by ensuring that residents concentrate on either in-patient or out-patient rotation. This enables task to be completed early.