How to Apply to the Community Pediatric Residency Program
Thank you for your interest in our residency training program. We hope you find the following information helpful.
Only applications submitted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) by December 31st of the current calendar year will be considered. Our interview season begins in late October and ends in early January. Interview slots fill quickly, therefore, it is to your benefit to submit complete applications early.
To be considered for an interview at the Morehouse School of Medicine Pediatric Residency Program all applicants must submit the following:
LCME Institution Students/Graduates:
- Deans Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- Written Personal Statement
- Three letters of recommendation (at least two of which should be from members of the Department of Pediatrics of your school, affiliate hospital(s) or elective course, and current within the last 18 months)
- United States Medical License Examination (USMLE) Passing Scores for Step I and II (CS and CK). This includes DO Applicants. We do not post minimum scores for consideration to interview/rank.
Non- LCME Institution Students/Graduates:
- All of the above
- In addition, 6 months of clinical experience in the United States is required. Research experience and observation rotations do not qualify for this experience. Morehouse Pediatric Residency does not offer externships or observation rotations. At least one of your letters of recommendation must come from a supervising faculty member in this 6-month clinical experience.
An ECFMG Certificate is required prior to February 20th in order to be considered for our rank list.
- U.S. citizens
- Permanent Residents
- J-1 Visas only