- Applicant Resources
- How To Apply
- Salary and Benefits
- Residency Overview
- Program Mission
- Dr. Pattillo Tribute
- Current Residents
- Faculty and Staff
- Program Highlights
- Policy Manual pdf
- Program Curriculum and Training
- Research/PSQI Requirements
- Educational Conferences
- Rotation Schedule
- Training Sites
- ACGME Specialty Requirements pdf
Resident Conferences Overview
- Journal Club [Monthly]Format: Led by a resident. Attended by residents, students, and faculty.
Discussion: To critically review articles for content, study, design and clinical relevance.
Goal: To learn to critically review the literature.
- Grand Rounds [1-2x/Month]Format: Didactic Presentation. A topic by faculty or invited guest speaker.
PGY-4 residents give Grand Rounds presentation prior to graduation.
Discussion: Lecture focuses on clinical topics with a comprehensive review of the topic.
Goal: Formal learning.
- Resident/Faculty Lecture: Didactics [Weekly]Format: Lecture led by Residents with faculty input or by Clinical Faculty.
Discussion: Presentation of major topics in OB/GYN.
Goal: For residents to learn fundamentals of OB/GYN.
- Fetal Monitoring Review [Variable Interval]Format: Review fetal heart rate tracings. Attended by faculty, residents and students.
Discussion: To discuss relevance of specific findings of electronic fetal monitoring and to discuss the management of these findings.
- Morbidity & Mortality [2x/Month]Format: Case presentations by residents with faculty attendance.
Discussion: To discuss selected patient management on the OB and GYN service. Separate
Obstetric and Gynecologic conferences occur.
Goal: To critically discuss patient management, determine root cause analysis of event, impart medical knowledge and make recommendations for current and future treatment.
- Pre-Op Conference [Weekly]Format: Case presentations by residents with faculty attendance.
Discussion: To discuss selected patient management on the OB and GYN service requiring
Goal: To discuss surgical patient management, mitigate risk and make recommendations to care team.
- Tumor Board [Weekly]
Format: Multidisciplinary team attended by GYN Oncology, Radiation Oncology, Medical
Oncology and Pathology.
Discussion: Case presentation of oncologic cases by resident; discussion of treatment plan and protocols, with review of microscopic findings by the pathologist.
Goal: For residents to become familiar with gross and microscopic appearances of gynecologic pathology and to have collaboration to guide treatment plans.