MSM-Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy Connect
Mission and Purpose
The MSM-Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy Connect Mentoring Program is a partnership with the Morehouse School of Medicine (MSM), Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy, Atlanta Public Schools, and Atlanta CARES. The employees of Morehouse School of Medicine will provide one-on-one and group mentoring to the 3rd–5th grade students at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy. Research indicates that mentoring improves attendance, academic achievement, classroom behaviors, life skills and self-efficacy. MSM is committed to providing support in character development, attitudes towards learning and social-emotional learning.
How To Mentor at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy
Thank you for your interest in volunteering your time to help the elementary students at Tuskegee Airmen Global Academy. In order to mentor, please make sure you:
1. Attend an in-person mentor training session (schedule below)
2. Complete mentor training online with the steps below:
- Complete online mentor training with Atlanta CARES (through Cornerstone).
Complete mentor training online with the steps below:
- Complete online mentor trainingwith Atlanta CARES (through Cornerstone) or by following the steps below:
- Logging into Cornerstone – msm.csod.com
- From the Welcome Page Click Browse Training
- Type “Mentoring” in the Search field
- Select “MSM Tuskegee Academy”
- Select “Open Curriculum”
As noted in the curriculum, potential volunteers will have to complete the appropriate forms and registration prior to training. Background and fingerprinting must be completed as well. MSM covers that cost. For additional questions or concerns contact Jacqueline Thrash at email@example.com.
Thanks so much,