Research Focus of the Cancer Biology Program at Georgia Cancer Center for Excellence, Grady Memorial Hospital
- BRCA1 dysfunction in Breast, Ovarian and Prostate Cancers Dr. V. Rao, Dr. J. Xu, Dr. Y. Qin, K. Aysola.
- Elk-1 role in Breast, Ovarian and Prostate Cancers Dr. V. Rao, Dr. G. Bhat, Dr. J. Xu, Dr. Y. Qin, K. Aysola.
- Role of ERG in Prostate cancer and Leukemias Dr. E.S. Reddy, Dr. Y. Fujimura, Dr. G. Bhat, Dr. J. Fang, Dr. C. Yang, Dr. H. Xu.
- ETS and EWS genes in Ewing sarcoma, clear cell sarcoma and Leukemias Dr. E.S. Reddy, Dr. Y. Fujimura, Dr. J. Fang, Dr. C. Yang, Dr. H. Xu.
Research Focus of the Cancer Biology Program at the MSM Main Campus
- Mechanisms of mitotic chromosome segregation. Establishment and maintenance of cell polarity. Dr. X. Yao, Department of Physiology
- Ovarian GnRH and its possible role in Cisplatin resistant ovarian cancers. Dr. R. Sridaran, Department of Physiology
- Understanding the antiproliferative and tumor suppressor effects of Prohibitin in ovarian cancers. Dr. W. Thompson, Department of OB/GYN
- Role of Prohibitin in ovarian cancers. Dr. R. Matthews, Department of OB/GYN
- Role of Novel Cytotoxic Viral protein Nef on the Growth and Metastasis of human colorectal cancer. Dr. H. Bumpers, Department of Surgery
- Photochemistry and photobiology of skin cancer and skin aging; photo protection by fabric materials. Dr. J. Menter, Department of Medicine
- Chemical carcinogenesis and toxicology, molecular regulation of enzyme induction pathways involved. Dr. W. Kirlin, Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Modulation of lung growth, maturation, and function, remodeling of the pulmonary vasculature; cellular and molecular studies of the role of a soluble lectins in these processes. Dr. G. Sanford, Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology
- Role of leptin and cytokines/growth factors in reproductive immunology and Breast cancer Dr. R. Gonzalez, Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology
- Retinal cell biology, cell commitment, differentiation, tissue engineering, human retinal cells. Dr. K. Dutt, Department of Pathology.
- The role Chemokines play in mediating immunity and cellular migration and invasion Dr. J. Lillard, Department of Microbiology, Biochemistry and Immunology
- Mitochondrial DNA Mutations in epithelial Ovarian Tumor Progression. Dr. F. Aikhionbare, Department of Medicine
- Nutritional Manipulation of Circadian Rhythms and Cancer Dr. A. Davidson, Department of Anatomy