Morehouse School of Medicine COVID-19 Protocol
Isolation in Place
Our current isolation and exposure procedures are below. Clinical-facing individuals at offsite locations (Grady, Crestview, CHOA, VA, and other clinical sites) that may test positive or have an exposure will follow the return-to-work procedures of their site. All others, including MHC workers, will adhere to the protocols below.
If you test positive for COVID-19:
- Isolate for five days.
- If you have no symptoms, take a test on Day 6.
- If a negative result is achieved and you have not had any symptoms in 24 hours, return to work/school onsite.
- If you remain symptomatic, you should delay testing until you are 24 hours without symptoms.
If you are exposed to a person with COVID-19 (symptomatic or confirmed) or have a household member that is symptomatic or positive:
- Wear your mask and continue coming onsite to work/school
- If you develop any signs or symptoms, you should stay away from campus and get tested.
- If a negative result is achieved, you can continue coming onsite and monitor yourself.
- For the safety of those around you, you should continue to wear your mask.
Students should self-report positive COVID-19 test results on AUCC SHWC COVID-19 Self-Report form.
Test kits are available for symptomatic students at Student Health and Wellness Clinic (455 Lee St SW 3rd floor)